- the very helpful man named Rick at the East-West bookstore
- all the peaceful music in the world
- listening to Water right now (for my mom)
- finding some good meditation and healing CDs for my mom
- the new mindfulness bell I bought for our family. We decided that whenever we are feeling uncentered or overwhelmed or angry, you can ring the bell as a physical signal that you are taking care of yourself and your feelings. Ringing it helps bring a sense of calm (it is beautiful to hear) but also lets others know what is happening, so they might take a moment to reflect and send us -- and themselves -- loving kindess. (Phew!)
- Orlando using the bell when he got frustrated when he and I were playing the alligator game. He ran right over, rang it, stayed there for a minute or two and then came back and announced, "I'm centered now!" He was so pleased about the whole experience. I almost cried!
- brushing my teeth together with Orlando
- eating yogurt for a snack last night! and looking forward to eating it again tonight!
Orlando is grateful for...
- getting my haircut with Papa
- french toast for breakfast
- I'm also grateful for eating a bagel at Ballard Market, but I didn't really like the bagel so next time I will try a cookie
- playing outside in the yard with Mica
- playing "sell the pancakes, sell the milk, sell the pesto" I was playing sell everything! I was making things out of mud and I made a little sign called PC
- playing with you when Mica was asleep
- bath and spaceship with Papa
- eating pizza and yogurt
Non-sequitur: Mica and me are half-Filipino and Papa is a real Filipino and you are from Alaska.